Data Science Foundation using R ProgrammingSpeaker: Kayal Padmanandam – Hyderabad, India
Topic(s): Information Systems, Search, Information Retrieval, Database Systems, Data Mining, Data Science
Data science is a multifaceted research domain that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to dredge knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured data. This session will help the listeners to understand Data Science with the assistance of instances and the most used programming language R. R is a programming environment for Data and Statistical Analytics and it is now globally considered as the most popular analytic tool, which has users range from 250000 to over 2 million. This session has been thoughtfully designed with the objective that the learners should learn the most happening and enduring technology.
Topics covered in the lecture:
• The need for Data Science
• Differentiate Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analysis
• The lifecycle of a Data Scientist
• Fundamental Data Analytics and Data Science exposure with R.
• Master R programming with different data structures
• Familiarity with various apply() functions and dply() functions
• Data visualization using R
• Understand and apply Hypothesis to drive decisions
About this LectureNumber of Slides: 60
Duration: 120 minutes
Languages Available: English
Request this Lecture
To request this particular lecture, please complete this online form.
Request a Tour
To request a tour with this speaker, please complete this online form.
All requests will be sent to ACM headquarters for review.