Blockchain Technology: Business FoundationsSpeaker: Ashish Seth – Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Topic(s): Applied Computing
Blockchain has been emerged as one of the most emerging technology which has potential to give new dimension and framework for businesses. Adoption of blockchain has grown exponentially, in recent years we have realized the real strength of this technology as companies have identified the potential of this technology and start focusing on this domain. The lecture covers the evolution of this technology and will discuss the idea of “Global shared ledger” and how the transaction can be done without involving any third party.
Based on a peer-to-peer (P2P) topology, blockchain is a distributed ledger technology (DLT) that allows data to be stored globally on thousands of servers – while letting anyone on the network see everyone else's entries in near real-time. That makes it difficult for one user to gain control of, or game, the network. Driven mainly by financial technology (fintech) investments, blockchain has seen a fast uptick in adoption for application development and pilot tests in a number of industries. In order to properly understand blockchain, there are some key core concepts that one must be familiar with, which include security, trustless-ness, decentralization, distributed ledgers, group consensus and immutability. All these concepts are thoroughly covered in the lecture.
Following are the key points which are covered
• Concept of centralized, distributed and decentralized approach.
• Benefits of decentralized approach.
• Understanding different type of blockchain implementation which includes private/public, closed/open and permission/permissionless.
• How blocks are created, what it contains and how they are bind together.
• Concept of mining and different consensus mechanism.
• Blockchain Use cases and scope for research.
• Blockchain challenges and opportunities.
• Impact of covid-19 on technology spending.
• Role of technology in times of pandemic.
Overall, the lecture will provide key concept of the blockchain technology and its architecture. It will be useful for those who are looking for an application areas or scope for future research in blockchain technology
About this LectureNumber of Slides: 45
Duration: 60 minutes
Languages Available: English
Request this Lecture
To request this particular lecture, please complete this online form.
Request a Tour
To request a tour with this speaker, please complete this online form.
All requests will be sent to ACM headquarters for review.