Dr. Tassos Dimitriou is affiliated with the Department of Computer Engineering at Kuwait University (KU) and the Research and Academic Computer Technology Institute (CTI) - Greece, where he is an adjunct Senior Researcher. Dr. Dimitriou is interested in various aspects of Theoretical Computer Science like combinatorial optimization, design and analysis of heuristics/probabilistic algorithms for difficult to solve problems, sensor, RFID and smart grid networks, computer and network security (especially why the latter is so difficult to achieve in real life...).
Prior to joining KU and CTI, Dr. Dimitriou was an Associate professor at Athens Information Technology - Greece and adjunct faculty of Information Networking Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, USA and Aalborg University, Denmark. At AIT he was leading the Algorithms and Security group where the primary objective was to bring together expertise in education, research and practice in the field of information security and algorithms, conducting research in areas spanning from the theoretical foundations of cryptography to the design and implementation of leading edge efficient and secure communication protocols. His research in the above fields has resulted in numerous publications, some of which received distinction, and numerous invitations for talks in prestigious conferences like the International World Wide Web conference and InfoCom. Furthermore, apart from his regular teaching duties, he gives regular short and professional courses on topics related to computer and network security.
Dr. Dimitriou is a senior member of IEEE, ACM and a Fulbright fellow. More information about him can be found in the web page http://tassosdimitriou.com/
To request a single lecture/event, click on the desired lecture and complete the Request Lecture Form.
Cryptography and its Applications to Networking and e-Commerce
With the arrival of the Information Age, cryptography has grown to be an essential tool for a wide segment of networking and industry. It can be used to protect all forms of electronic communications...
- Security and Privacy issues related to the use of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies“The most profound technologies are those that disappear... they weave themselves into the fabric of everyday life until they become indistinguishable from it”. This seminal...
- Sensor networks: A Bridge to the Physical WorldThe distribution of networked sensors in the environment offers exciting new possibilities for sensing and monitoring. Sensors can be placed close to multiple signal sources so that, collaboratively,...
- Tools of the Trade: Enhancing Privacy in Participatory SensingThe increasing availability of sensors in today's smartphones and other everyday devices, carried around by millions of people, has opened up the possibility of new ways of information gathering....
- Why is security difficult to achieve?In this presentation we consider some of the issues that make security difficult to achieve in real life. We are interested in answering such questions as "Why is it the case that most products...
To request a tour with this speaker, please complete this online form.
If you are not requesting a tour, click on the desired lecture and complete the Request this Lecture form.
All requests will be sent to ACM headquarters for review.
- Security and Privacy issues related to the use of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies