Dr. Pradeep Kumar TSBased in Chennai, India
Dr. Pradeep Kumar TS is an Associate Professor in School of Computing Science and Engineering at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Chennai campus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He also holds the position of Deputy Director (Academic Staff College) where he trains the faculty members on various aspects of Technology and computing, learning and productivity.
He did his bachelors in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in College of Engineering, Bargur and did his Post graduate engineering in Embedded System Technologies at College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University and completed his PhD in Sensor Networks and Internet of Things in VIT Vellore.
He is involved in various research projects on E Learning for Higher education, Embedded Systems, Sensor Network Deployment and power efficiency of Sensors for various Real time applications. He develop, deploy and maintain multiple open source softwares that runs on private cloud orchestrated servers that caters to more than 7000 users of his institution. He runs a successful Channel on youtube in the name of Engineering Clinic.
He authored various book chapters and more than 20 publications in peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings. He also oragnized 2 conferences in India and abroad in multidisciplinary research. He gave Keynotes/workshops/Guest Lectures in more than 80 institutions across India in various domains in sensor networks/IoT, network simulations and open source computing.
His Research interests include Power modeling of sensors, energy efficiency of wireless networks, Vehicular Adhoc Networks (VANETs), Elearning strategies of higher education and Open source computing. In addition, he is serving as a reviewer of various International Journals of IEEE transactions on Educational technology, IJAIP, John Wiley, etc., and International Conferences.
Dr. Pradeepkumar is the Member of ACM, IEEE, Life Member of CSI, India. He mentored more than 10 projects on ACM-ICPC since 2012. He hosts various on- campus activities of ACM Chapters in Chennai.
To request a single lecture/event, click on the desired lecture and complete the Request Lecture Form.
Adaptation Layer (6LoWPAN) for Industrial Internet of Things
Internet of Things is powered by a small data rate physical layer called ZigBee (IEEE 802.15.4) which works with a small data rate and that can handle a MTU (Maximum transfer unit) of just...
- Elements of Network Simulation using ns3Network Simulation is a topic that everyone of us try to experience the type of networks and analyse their performance due to the unavailability of network elements, non affordability of...
- Power Modelling of Sensors for IoT Systems using Reinforcement LearningWireless Sensor nodes consist of communication devices, physical (environmental Sensors), a processing unit, a small memory and radio. The power consumed during communication is high and...
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) based Data Center NetworkingSoftware defined networks are the future networks which minimises the cost of networking deployments that reduces capital expenditure (Capex) invested by the networking companies. SDN...
- Vehicular Adhoc Networks and Its SimulationsVehicular Adhoc Networks in short called as VANETs is a type of fast moving vehicles and their networking between other vehicles. Vehicles can communicate to other vehicles and to the road...
To request a tour with this speaker, please complete this online form.
If you are not requesting a tour, click on the desired lecture and complete the Request this Lecture form.
All requests will be sent to ACM headquarters for review.
- Elements of Network Simulation using ns3