Dr. Dong Yu is an ACM/IEEE/ISCA Fellow. He works at Tencent AI Lab as a distinguished scientist and vice general manager. Prior to joining Tencent in 2017, he worked as a principal researcher at Microsoft Research (Redmond), where he had been since 1998. Dr. Dong Yu’s research focuses on speech recognition and processing and natural language processing. He has published two monographs and over 350 papers. His works have been widely cited and have been recognized by the prestigious IEEE Signal Processing Society best transaction paper award in 2013, 2016, 2020, and 2022, the 2021 NAACL best long paper award, the 2022 IEEE Signal Processing Magazine best paper award, and the 2022 IEEE Signal Processing Magazine best column award.
Dr. Dong Yu was the chair of the IEEE Speech and Language Processing Technical Committee in 2021-2022. He has served on the editorial boards of numerous journals and magazines, as well as on the organizing and technical committees of various conferences and workshops.
ACM related volunteer work:
• Associate editor of the IEEE/ACM transactions on audio, speech, and language processing (2011-2015)
• Associate editor of the ACM transactions on Asian and low resource language information processing (2017-2019)
• Industrial track co-chair, ACM Multimedia 2021
• General co-chair, ACM Multimiedia 2022 - 1st International Workshop on Deepfake Detection for Audio Multimedia
• Special session and panel co-chair, ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction (ICMI) 2010
To request a single lecture/event, click on the desired lecture and complete the Request Lecture Form.
Audio/Speech Enhancement and Separation
We have seen significant progress in audio and speech processing in the past several years. In this talk, I will introduce a series of techniques we developed on...
To request a tour with this speaker, please complete this online form.
If you are not requesting a tour, click on the desired lecture and complete the Request this Lecture form.
All requests will be sent to ACM headquarters for review.