Graphics and Computer-Aided Design
Available Speakers on this Topic
Erik Brunvand – UT, United States
A Tale of Two Rendering Algorithms: Ray Tracing, Rasterization, and their Supporting Hardware
The desire for ever more complex and realistic graphics drives the computer graphics hardware industry. This interest in high-quality rendering spans the range of computer hardware from...
Ilke Demir – Hermosa Beach, CA, United States
The Science of Generative Architecture: Proceduralization
Manual creation of massive and detailed 3D models may take weeks, or months, even for experienced artists. In contrast, generative algorithms enable efficiently creating content coherent with the...
Alec Jacobson – Toronto, ON, Canada
Breaking Barriers between Humans and Geometry
In the field of geometry processing, I work to make sense of existing geometric data and provide interfaces to put that data to further use. Today, we find many sources of geometric data...
- Geometry Processing in the WildGeometric data abounds, but our algorithms for geometry processing are failing. Whether from medical imagery, free-form architecture, self-driving cars, or 3D-printed parts, geometric data...
Joaquim A Jorge – Lisboa, Portugal
Adding More Than Two Dimensions to Tabletop Interfaces. Is Tony Stark home?
Work on interactive tabletops and surfaces has focused mostly on two-dimensional issues, such as multi-finger gestures and tangible interaction. Interesting as it is however, this picture is...
Full contact - Beyond 2D Interactive Surfaces
We live in a post-WIMP world. Indeed, more and more users access information, communicate with and operate on interactive surfaces foregoing the still common mouse and keyboard of yonder....
- How to get your paper rejected from a Computer Graphics JournalThis is a tongue-in-cheek lecture about what NOT to do to publish a paper in an international scientific journal dedicated to Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. Writing papers is...
- The Future of Media InterfacesWe are living in a post-WIMP world. Indeed, more and more users access information, communicate and operate mobile information appliances foregoing the still common mouse and keyboard of yonder....
Anthony Steed – London, United Kingdom
The Computing Challenges of Mixed-Reality
The broad area of mixed-reality (MR) systems, which include augmented reality, virtual reality and related real-time systems, poses new challenges to computing. In this talk, I will highlight some...
- How to get your paper rejected from a Computer Graphics Journal
- Geometry Processing in the Wild
- The Science of Generative Architecture: Proceduralization