Networks and Communications
Available Speakers on this Topic
Enrique Alba – Malaga, Spain
Communications in Vehicular Networks: Opportunities for Optimization and Learning
Vehicular Networks (VANET) are an exciting new research field that poses a big challenge to existing technologies. Defining how connections should be established, used, and profited from means...
Ali Kashif Bashir – Manchester, United Kingdom
In this lecture, I will share some insight into the characteristics of the 5G and how the future internet will look like. We will also talk about the role of the Internet of Things (IoT),...
- Role of Network Virtualization in the Future InternetInternet of Things (IoT) and 5G are interrelated terminologies. Applications of IoT and cloud are producing big data that is being stored at data centers. In this talk, I will explain a...
Waleed Ejaz – Kamloops, BC, Canada
Challenges of Spectrum and Energy for the Internet of Things in Smart Cities
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to provide sustainable, efficient, and smart solutions for smart cities including transportation, governance, environment, quality of life, etc. IoT...
Motivation and Effective Strategies for Research at the Undergraduate Level
It is often believed that publication in academic conferences and/or journals can only be done by professors or graduate students. Moreover, there is a misconception that publication at the...
Mohamed Elhoseny – Mansoura, Egypt
Avoid Energy Exhaustion in Sensor-based Applications: Recent Advances and Future Trends
Smart sensors are widely used in smart city applications. These sensors are the main component of the Wireless Sensor Network (WSN), which has been extensively used in health care,...
- Industry 4.0: From SCADA to Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)This lecture has three main objectives:- Provide an overview of current technologies in industrial applications-
Faraz Hasan – Palmerston North, New Zealand
Device to Device Discovery for High-Frequency 5G Networks
5G will be deployed in the 3.5GHz band across the world in the first instance. The future deployments in high-frequency bands (28GHz, 38GHz, etc.) will unleash the true potential of 5G...
- Recent Developments in Device-free Passive TechnologyThe art of positioning a user without needing them to carry a device has matured over the years. The so-called ‘device-free’ techniques that were originally introduced for...
- What 5G is and what it isn?tThis talk introduces the Fifth Generation (5G) of mobile phone technology and addresses a number of relevant technical and non-technical issues. This talk starts with formally defining 5G...
Rasheed Hussain – Innopolis, Russian Federation
Change in Perspective: Journey from Vehicular Networks to Vehicular Clouds and Vehicular Social Networks
Automobiles were once considered to be the realm of mechanical engineers, but not anymore, thanks to the tremendous advancements in the communication and computation technologies. These...
- Distributed Ledger Technology for M2M Micropayments : A Case Study of Electric Autonomous VehiclesThe proliferation of electric vehicles has spurred the research interest in technologies associated to it, for instance batteries, and charging mechanisms. Moreover, the recent advancements...
- Towards Future Internet Architecture through Named Data NetworkingOver the last couple of decades, the use of Internet has changed its course from people-oriented to business-oriented and from connection-oriented to content-oriented. A latest projection...
Muhammad Awais Javed – Islamabad, Pakistan
Internet of Things: Applications and Future Trends in the Process Industry
Internet of Things (IoT) will enable interconnection of billions of devices and physical objects around us with the Internet. These objects will be equipped with variety of sensors to collect...
Using network simulations for wireless networks
This talk provides a tutorial on how to use network simulations for simulating wireless networks. The talk presents an overview of different network modeling and analysis techniques. A brief...
Vehicular Networks Standardization
This talk provides an overview of the current and future standards in the area of vehicular networks. The talk explains the two types of vehicular network standards, one based on Wi-Fi based...
Anura Jayasumana – Fort Collins, CO, United States
Topology Preserving Maps: A Localization-Free Approach for 2-D and 3-D IoT Subnets
Driven by higher potency and lower cost/size of devices capable of sensing, actuating, processing and communicating, the Internet of Things and of Everything promises to dramatically...
Salil Kanhere – Sydney, NSW, Australia
Blockchains for Cyber-Physical Systems: Applications, Opportunities and Challenges
In a cyber-physical system (CPS), computing elements coordinate and communicate with sensors, which monitor cyber and physical indicators, and actuators, which modify the cyber and physical...
Passive WiFi Sensing for Identification and Authentication
Wireless devices are everywhere - our homes, offices, shops, restaurants and virtually all of our urban spaces. They invisibly fill the air with a spectrum of Radio Frequency (RF) signals. Any...
Realizing a Smart University Campus: Vision, Architecture, and Implementation
The revolution in Internet-connected devices like cameras, occupancy detectors and air quality monitors, collectively dubbed as the Internet-of-Things (IoT), is enabling the realization of smart...
Burak Kantarci – Ottawa, ON, Canada
AI-Backed Security and Resilience for Cyber-Physical Systems
As Internet of Things systems become widely adopted, cyber-physical systems offer smarter environments and services than earlier networked systems by leveraging and integrating sensed data from...
Trustworthiness and truthfulness issues in big crowd-sensed data
As a cloud-inspired sensing service model, mobile crowd-sensing can enable access to the Internet of Things (IoT)-based services. When mobile crowd-sensing becomes widely adopted, sensed data from...
Weizhi Meng – Copenhagen, Denmark
When Intrusion Detection Meets Blockchain Technology
Intrusion detection systems (IDSs) are a basic and important security mechanism to identify potential cyber threats in computer networks. To fit distributed framework and enhance the detection...
Sanjay Misra – Lagos, Nigeria
Emerging Technologies (IoT, IoE, Edge and Fog Computing, and 5G) and Sustainability Development Goals
This presentation gives the fundamentals, pros and cons and the relationship between IoT, Fog, and Ege computing and how 5G affect these emerging technologies. It is established the fact...
Luca Muscariello – Paris, France
: Latency reduction in the Internet - An Introduction to Bufferbloat mitigation and Flow-Aware Networking
Internet applications can have very different objectives when using network resources. For instance, bulk transfer of data compared to real-time communications have very different...
- Introduction to Hybrid Information-Centric NetworkingInformation-centric networking is a new way to look at networking where data is a first-class network citizen. The network architecture is designed around this concept and all network...
Zeeshan Pervez – Paisley, United Kingdom
What it takes to secure programmable networks
In this lecture, I will present research and technical challenges of securing programmable networks i.e., software-defined networks. Dividing a network into control, data, and application plans...
Junaid Qadir – Doha, Qatar
How 5G Wireless (and Concomitant Technologies) Will Revolutionize Healthcare?
The need to have equitable access to quality healthcare is enshrined in the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which defines the developmental agenda of the UN for the next...
Danda B Rawat – Washington, DC, United States
Wireless Virtualization for Enhancing Network Capacity, Network Coverage, Energy Efficiency and Wireless Security for Next Generation Wireless Networking
Over the last several decades, we have experienced enormous growth in the use of cellular telephones, hand-held devices and Wi-Fi networks for home and office, as well as emerging wireless...
Syed Hassan Ahmed Shah – Corona, CA, United States
Integrating Named Data Networking in Connected Vehicles
This lecture aims to introduce the wide range of audience to the Named Data Networking (NDN) architecture and its application in the domain of connected vehicles and applications. The speaker...
Named Data Networking in Connected and Smart Cities
A smart city enhances the quality of its citizens' lives by providing ease of access to ubiquitous services through integration using communication systems at the foundation. Additionally, the...
Biplab Sikdar – Singapore, Singapore
Internet of Things: Technologies and Challenges
The living, work, and industrial environment of the future will comprise of environments formed by extremely large numbers of devices that are producers and consumers of information, and whose...
Madhusudan Singh – Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Automotive Cyber Security: Perspective and Challenges
In recent years we have observed that the automotive industry with advances in computing technologies are successfully opening the path towards autonomous vehicles. The automotive industry has...
- Introduction to Hybrid Information-Centric Networking
- : Latency reduction in the Internet - An Introduction to Bufferbloat mitigation and Flow-Aware Networking
- Distributed Ledger Technology for M2M Micropayments : A Case Study of Electric Autonomous Vehicles
- Recent Developments in Device-free Passive Technology
- Industry 4.0: From SCADA to Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Role of Network Virtualization in the Future Internet