Available Speakers on this Topic
Rizwan Ahmed – Nagpur, India
Information Technology Top Research and Development Trends 2019
This talk will cover various technical aspects related to Information Technology Top Research and Development Trends 2019. This talk will cover following specific...
Enrique Alba – Malaga, Spain
On the Importance of Metaheuristics in Science and Industry
This lecture addresses the comparative strong issues in using metaheuristics for solving complex problems. A summary of competences for searching in difficult landscapes will be presented in the...
Smart Mobility by Using Evolutionary Algorithms
Nowadays, cities are growing fast. Citizens are moving from the countryside to big cities looking for better jobs and services. As a consequence of this population growth, road traffic in...
Mark Billinghurst – Auckland, New Zealand
It?s a Mixed Reality Workplace
Over the last twenty years Mixed Reality is becoming common place and a number of technologies are being developed enabling the real and virtual worlds to be seamlessly merged together. This talk...
Erik Brunvand – UT, United States
What Programmers Should Know about DRAM
Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) is what makes up the "main memory" of most computer hardware. It's also much stranger than you might think, and has hidden complexity that...
Aswani Kumar Cherukuri – Vellore, India
Demystifying Quantum Computing Technology
As the Moore’s law has reached the maximum pivot point, Conventional Computing is at the saturation levels in terms of achieving more computational capability. Further, there...
Luigina Ciolfi – Cork, Ireland
Novel Digital Installations for Visitor Interpretation in Museums and Cultural Heritage Sites: Challenges and Lessons Learned
Interactive technology has long been applied to cultural heritage settings for the purpose of informing and engaging visitors. Findings from a number of studies suggest that, however, technology...
Augmented Reality: Current Research Development and Future Directions
Augmented Reality (AR) is one of the emerging technologies and prevailing research areas in recent years. It gives numerous opportunities to create new interaction style...
Schahram Dustdar – Vienna, Austria
Cyber-Human Partnerships: Convergence of Humans, Things, and AI
In this talk I will explore one of the most relevant challenges for a decade to come: How to integrate the Internet of Things with software, people, and processes, considering modern Cloud...
Distributed Systems - The next level
As humans, things, software and AI continue to become the entangled fabric of distributed systems, systems engineers and researchers are facing novel challenges. In this talk, we analyze the role...
Edge Intelligence - Understanding the convergence of Edge, Fog, and Cloud
With the advent of Edge Computing and the coming of age of Artificial Intelligence, there is a strong demand to integrate Edge Computing and AI, which gives birth to Edge Intelligence. In this...
This talk is mainly intended for PhD students in their first year. In this talk I will discuss how the act of paper writing works, what the top lessons-learned are. We will discuss in...
Bjoern M Eskofier – Erlangen, Germany
Musculoskeletal Simulation in Sports and Medicine
Musculoskeletal Simulation is applied to analyze and understand human movement e.g., for medical assessments, performance analysis, the study of human-product interaction. The objective is...
Geraldine Fitzpatrick – Vienna, Austria
Designing eHealth technologies that work - lessons from HCI/CSCW research
The promises of IT for transforming healthcare have been around for decades, from single site electronic patient records in the 1970s, to recent large-scale national eHealth/electronic record...
Moving care into the home: reimagining mHealth, telecare and selfcare
Technology is seen as the critical enabler for moving care out of clinical settings into patients’ hands and homes, for empowering people to be active in their own health and well-being and...
Donald Gotterbarn – Johnson City, TN, United States
Software Development: Think beyond the code.
Non-programming related issues that affect the computing professional’s efforts to develop quality software and web interfaces impact the process in subtle, yet important ways. Development...
Seiji Isotani – Sao Carlos - SP, Brazil
Advancements in Intelligent Support for Collaborative Learning
Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) is an area of research that investigates how collaboration can be enhanced by technology to support effective interactions among students and...
Bridging the gap between research on educational technology and social impact
Most researchers in the field of Technology-Enhanced Learning dream of developing cutting-edge technology that can have a real impact on learning at schools. Nevertheless, for most of...
Sheldon H Jacobson – Urbana, IL, United States
Analytical Models for Generating NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Bracket Pools: Injecting Computation into March Madness
Each year, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament attracts popular attention, including bracket challenges where fans seek to pick the winners of the tournament’s games....
Artur Lugmayr – Perth, WN, Australia
Designing Interactive Data Visualizations that Work: Current Research and Future Directions
Big Data research requires the facilitation of modern methods to allow the creation of user-centred appealing data visualizations through data storytelling, dashboards, augmented and virtual...
Science Management "for Dummies" - Tools for Successful Early Career Scholars
This more motivational talk is addressed towards early career researchers, doctoral students, and others at the beginning of their scientific careers. This talk should help future scholars...
- Serious Storytelling - Storytelling Outside the Entertainment ContextStorytelling has a long tradition in human culture – we told and tell stories to entertain, transfer knowledge between generations, keep our cultural heritage, warn others about danger, or...
San Murugesan – Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quantum Computing: A Revolution in The Making
As classical computing (traditional transistor-based computing) is reaching its performance limits, interest in quantum computing is on the rise. Based on the principles of quantum...
James F. O'Brien – Berkeley, CA, United States
Adaptive Simulation with Triangle Meshes
This talk will discuss the development of high-fidelity finite element simulation methods based on adaptive mesh refinement. These methods dynamically refine and coarsen meshes so that they...
Sanjaya Kumar Panda – Warangal, India
Resource Allocation and Task Scheduling Algorithms for Cloud Computing
Cloud computing has grown exponentially in the business and research community over the last few years. It is now an emerging field and becomes more popular due to recent advances in...
Philip Pong – Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Advancing New Frontiers of Autonomous Internet-of-Things (A-IoT) by Contactless Sensors
Internet-of-Things (IoT) will provide the framework for establishing a smarter and more connected future for people. The exploratory IoT technologies will enable scientists and engineers to...
Mohammad Sohel Rahman – Dhaka, Bangladesh
Prediction based on biological sequences (where Machine Learning meets Life Sciences)
Due to the rapid development of fast sequencing technologies, we now have tremendous amount data on different biological sequences. For example, the number of sequence-known proteins has...
- What Metaheuristics can do for you?Often we are provided with multiple options and we want to pick the best one. This is true for our daily life, but also for many scenarios in different branches of science and engineering (e.g.,...
Jibonananda Sanyal – Oak Ridge, TN, United States
Multiscale Coupled Urban Systems
The interactions between urban infrastructures, the inhabitants of the urban area, and the natural environment are driven by socioeconomics, thermodynamics, and other well-modeled...
Ashish Seth – Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Blockchain Technology: Business Foundations
Blockchain has been emerged as one of the most emerging technology which has potential to give new dimension and framework for businesses. Adoption of blockchain has grown exponentially, in...
- Managing Business on CloudsCloud computing is a term referred to storing and accessing data over the internet. It doesn't store any data on the hard disk of your personal computer. In cloud computing, you can...
Madhusudan Singh – Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Role of Blockchain Algorithm for Intelligent Vehicles
As the Blockchain technology trends grow faster over time, to emerge as a disruptive technology, which has not only laid the foundation for all cryptocurrencies but also provides beneficial...
Transforming Industry 4.0 Technologies
The industrial revolutions have an exceptional standpoint among all other revolutions due to their complex nature of affecting economies, technologies, and social lives. The fourth...
Gabriel Wainer – Ottawa, ON, Canada
Cellular Modeling with Cell-DEVS: a Discrete-Event Cellular Automata formalism
In recent years, grid-shaped cellular models have gained popularity to understand physical systems. Complex cell spaces can require large amounts of compute time, mainly due to its...
- Cellular Models in Buildings to study the indoor spread of COVID-19Simulation models based on the traditional Susceptible-Infectious-Recovered (SIR) equations have been used to predict the pandemic dynamics. These models are being used at present to...
- Discrete-Event Modeling and Simulation Methodologies: Past, Present and FutureModeling and Simulation methods have been used to better analyze the behavior of complex physical systems and it is now common to use simulation as a part of the scientific and...
- Discrete-Event Modeling and Simulation for Development of Embedded and Real-Time SystemsEmbedded real-time software construction has usually posed interesting challenges due to the complexity of the tasks these systems have to execute. Most methods for developing these systems...
- Modeling and Simulating Emerging Behaviour in Spatial Systems with Cell-DEVSIn recent years, new methodologies have allowed building agent-based simulation software executing on grid-shaped cell spaces. There have been numerous efforts integrating agents and...
- Modeling and Simulation of Cellular Networks: formalizing the modelsModeling and Simulation methods have been used to better analyze the behavior of complex physical systems and it is now common to use simulation as a part of the technological discovery...
- Recent advances in Crowd Modeling and SimulationCrowd simulation demands careful consideration between the classic tradeoff between accuracy and efficiency. Particle-based methods have seen success in various applications in...
- Simulation EverywhereIn recent years, we have developed new methods to include simulation services in remote servers using RESTful Web Services and Modeling and Simulation As A Service (MSAAS). The main...
Ka-Chun Wong – Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Machine Learning for High-Impact Applications: Pattern Recognition in Mammalian DNA Motifs and Human Gene Editing Off-Target Predictions
In this talk, I will present my research group’s recent advances in machine learning for biological complex systems. In particular, we will focus on two pattern recognition...
Mohamed Zahran – New York, NY, United States
GPUs in Machine Learning and Big-Data Era: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
We live in an era where data volume, diversity, and speed are skyrocketing. As a result, two main tracks are needed: algorithms to deal with that and hardware to process it. In this talk, I...
Hardware Support for AI
With machine learning (ML) techniques infiltrating many aspects of our life and businesses, an important question to answer is: what is the best hardware to use for my particular case? In this...
Processing in Memory: Opportunities and Challenges
One of the main factors that negatively affects performance and power consumption of a computer system is communication. That is, moving data from one point to another, especially among cores or...
The Era of Accelerators: Are they Really the Solution for Post-Moore?
With the stagnation of Dennard scaling and the severe technical and economic problems Moore’s law is facing, we need to be prepared for the post-Moore era. The main solution, so far, is to...
The Road to Exascale: Challenges and Opportunities
The increasing complexity of scientific disciplines is continuously driving the need for more powerful computing machines. While petascale machines were once adequate, we are now...
- GPUs in Machine Learning and Big-Data Era: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Cellular Models in Buildings to study the indoor spread of COVID-19
- Cellular Modeling with Cell-DEVS: a Discrete-Event Cellular Automata formalism
- Managing Business on Clouds
- Blockchain Technology: Business Foundations
- What Metaheuristics can do for you?
- Prediction based on biological sequences (where Machine Learning meets Life Sciences)
- Adaptive Simulation with Triangle Meshes
- Serious Storytelling - Storytelling Outside the Entertainment Context
- Analytical Models for Generating NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Bracket Pools: Injecting Computation into March Madness
- Designing eHealth technologies that work - lessons from HCI/CSCW research
- Musculoskeletal Simulation in Sports and Medicine
- Novel Digital Installations for Visitor Interpretation in Museums and Cultural Heritage Sites: Challenges and Lessons Learned
- Demystifying Quantum Computing Technology
- It?s a Mixed Reality Workplace
- On the Importance of Metaheuristics in Science and Industry