Security and Privacy
Available Speakers on this Topic
Haider Abbas – Islamabad, Pakistan
Cyber Security Auditing and Evaluation: A Challenge for Every Organization
The aim of cyber security is to protect the systems, software and networks from malicious activities and attacks launched to gain illegitimate access, steal information or disrupting the services...
Rizwan Ahmed – Nagpur, India
Mobile Forensics and Cyber Crime Investigations
This talk will cover various technical aspects related to Mobile Forensics. This talk will cover following specific...
PARAMESHACHARI B D – Mysore, India
Introduction Technologies in Cryptography and Network Security
In recent decades, the requirements of information security within an organization have undergone a few major changes. Before the widespread usage of data processing equipment, the...
Security in Medical Image Communication
In the medical field, patient’s information plays a crucial role for tele-diagnosis and tele-surgery. Security is the critical problem amid during the transmission of medical images, because...
Salman A Baset – New York, NY, United States
Blockchain and GDPR
The European Union’s ("EU") General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), which went into effect on 25 May 2018, is the most significant overhaul of EU data...
- Container SecurityWhether you are an operator looking to provide a container platform for your customers or whether you are building applications using containers, the question of container security must be on your...
- Hyperledger FabricHyperledger Fabric is an open source project under Linux Foundation, which can be used to build a permissioned blockchain. This talk will give an overview of Hyperledger Fabric and its various...
Abbas Cheddad – Karlskrona, Sweden
Digital Image Forensics
With the development of information technology and the availability of image acquisition and editingtools, the use of these devices has become within a reach to everyone....
Aswani Kumar Cherukuri – Vellore, India
Exploring Blockchain Technology
Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology that maintains verifiable records with protection against malicious modifications and with Byzantine fault tolerance. This...
Ashutosh Dutta – Laurel, MD, United States
Security in 5G Networks - Challenges and Opportunities
Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) are the key pillars of future networks, including 5G and beyond that promise to support emerging applications such as...
Josiah Dykstra – Severn, MD, United States
American Self-Defense in Cyberspace
The United States is a major consumer, contributor, and target in cyberspace. This talk will describe cyber threats, roles and responsibilities, technology, and policy considerations for achieving...
Getting Started with Cybersecurity Science
This talk offers an introduction for students and practitioners to the application of the scientific method to cybersecurity tools and systems. Creating, using, and evaluating cybersecurity tools...
Chuck Easttom – Plano, TX, United States
Quantum Computing and Lattice Based Cryptography
This lecture provides an overview of the current state of quantum computing and what impact that will have on cryptography. Then cryptogrphic algorithms that are believed to be resistent to...
Mohamed Elhoseny – Mansoura, Egypt
Secure Data Aggregation in Smart Sensor Applications
Despite the great efforts to secure data aggregation in smart sensors applications, the dynamic nature and the limited resources of sensor nodes make searching for a secure and optimal network...
Robert James Fine – Washington, DC, United States
The Next Cyber Warfare Wave: AR and VR Worlds
In this lecture, Robert shares the current vulnerabilities that hackers and bad actors can exploit within the current AR/VR hardware and software platforms, as well as providing current and future...
Sebastian Fischmeister – Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Safety and Security for Future Embedded Systems
For decades, safety was the dominating topic for cyberphysical systems. Safety of a system ensures that in the case of faults, the system is still highly unlikely to cause harm to users,...
Francesco Flammini – Västerås, Sweden
Introduction to Industrial Cybersecurity
This seminar addresses the fundamental concepts of cybersecurity providing basic definitions and a taxonomic introduction to most common security threats and technologies. In particular,...
- Risk Modeling and Evaluation for Resilient Cyber-Physical Systems: From Design-Time to Run-TimeThe concept of risk is a combination of threat probabilities, vulnerabilities and expected consequences. In traditional risk modeling and evaluation approaches, analyses are performed at...
Swaroop Ghosh – State College, PA, United States
Comprehensive treatment of security of persistent memories
Conventional volatile memories e.g., Static RAM (SRAM) suffer from significant leakage power whereas conventional storage class Non-Volatile Memories (NVMs) e.g., Flash suffer from higher...
- Exploiting Emerging Memory Technologies for Hardware SecurityCMOS switches, although universal, fail to meet energy-efficiency, scalability and emerging constraints such as, security. Recent experimental studies have revealed that emerging...
- Obfuscation of analog IPsAnalog Integrated Circuits (ICs) are one of the top targets for counterfeiting. However, the security of analog Intellectual Property (IP) is not well investigated as its digital counterpart....
Gururaj H L – Mysuru, India
WLAN security and Cyber Security
Wireless LANs have gone through rapid changes with respect to their security architecture in recent years. One view has been to incorporate WLANs under already existing VPN umbrellas and to...
Rasheed Hussain – Innopolis, Russian Federation
Distributed Ledger Technology for Charging on the move
In this talk, I will present the blockchain technology for constrained environments. As application use-case, we consider the autonomous cars and charging. For the efficient charging, we use IOTA...
Future of the Cybersecurity: AI/ML
In this talk, we will cover the current state of the cybersecurity, the attacker mindset, security doctrine, and the futureof cybersecurity.We...
Celestine Iwendi – Uppsala, Sweden
Securing the Internet of Intelligent of Things (INTRUXIT)
Cybersecurity and hardware security have become the fundamental threats for major businesses today. Increasing attack includes substandard attacks, such as phishing, and on a larger scale...
Dharm Singh Jat – Windhoek, AR, Namibia
Modified AES Algorithm for Strong Encryption & Enhanced Security
Networks today an inherent part of all defence or military organisations. Any loss of data from defence networks directly impacts the national security. Hence, this data has to be protected using...
Alireza Jolfaei – Sydney, NSW, Australia
Cyber Security with Application to Energy Systems
The efficient use and management of energy resources play an important role in attaining sustainable development. Today, many nations are undertaking power grid modernization initiatives, namely,...
Cyber Security with Application to Intelligent Transportation Systems
Autonomous vehicular technology is approaching a level of maturity that gives confidence to the end-users in many cities around the world for their usage so as to share the roads with manual...
Introduction to Cyber-Physical Systems Security
Cyber-physical systems (CPS) comprise the backbone of national critical infrastructure such as power grids, transportation systems, and home automation systems, which are highly...
Burak Kantarci – Ottawa, ON, Canada
Empowering behaviometrics for authentication
Learning unique behavioral patterns of an individual can improve detection of identity spoofing while addressing user comfort issues in user authentication processes. To this end, social and...
Sanjay Kumar Madria – Rolla, MO, United States
Reputation and Credit based Incentive Mechanism For Data-centric Message Delivery in Delay-tolerant Networks
In Delay Tolerant Networks (DTNs), to ensure successful message delivery, contribution of mobile nodes in relaying in an opportunistic fashion is essential. In our proposed data-centric...
Weizhi Meng – Copenhagen, Denmark
Towards Trust Management-based Detection in Internet of Things
With the tremendous development of Internet of Things (IoT), many security concerns have been raised. For protection, detection mechanisms like intrusion detection system (IDS) are moving...
Varun G Menon – Kochi, Kerala, India
Security and Privacy in Internet of Medical Things
The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is an ecosystem of connected sensors, wearable medical devices and clinical systems. Application of IoMT has helped in improving the quality of medical...
Nour Moustafa – Canberra, ACT, Australia
A New Distributed Architecture for Evaluating AI-based Security Systems at the Edge: Network TON\_IoT Datasets
While there has been a significant interest in understanding the cyber threat landscape of Internet of Things (IoT) networks, and the design of Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based security...
A Novel Cognitive Computing Technique using Convolutional Networks for Automating the Criminal Investigation Process in Policing
Criminal Investigation (CI) plays an important role in policing, where police use various traditional techniques to investigate criminal activities such as robbery and assault. However, the...
- Attacking Techniques and Intrusion Detection: Getting insights of Signature vs Anomaly modelsIn this lecture, we will discuss Intrusion Techniques Viruses and Worms. We will also describe the concepts of signature vs anomaly detection in network systems. We will Learn Signature...
- Distributed Anomaly Detection System as a Service using Statistical Learning for Industrial IoT-Edge-Cloud NetworksAs Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) systems have become more commonplace, there are various data management and security monitoring tools deployed at the cloud for logging and inspecting...
James F. O'Brien – Berkeley, CA, United States
Image and Video Forensics through Content Analysis
Advances in computational photography, computer vision, and computer graphics allow for the creation of visually compelling photographic forgeries. Forged images have appeared in tabloid...
Zeeshan Pervez – Paisley, United Kingdom
Blockchain: paving the way for open and transparent governance in smart cities
In this lecture, I will discuss a hybrid deployment model of blockchain for open and transparent governance in smart cities. The lecture will present participatory application in which inhabitants...
Making sense out of IoT data streams
Internet-of-Things (IoT) generates enormous data streams from a sensing and actuating environment. Extracting valuable information from these data streams enables service providers (smart cities,...
Junaid Qadir – Lahore, Pakistan
Secure and Robust Machine Learning for Healthcare
Recent years have witnessed widespread adoption of machine learning (ML)/deep learning (DL) techniques due to their superior performance for a variety of healthcare applications ranging from the...
Heena Rathore – Austin, TX, United States
Deep Learning Based Security Solutions for the Internet of Medical Things
Intelligent healthcare has gained importance in the recent past since it allows continuous, remote monitoring of patients away from hospitals and doctors. With advances in technology,...
- Improving Security in the Internet of Things(IoT) through Bio-Inspired ApproachesAs massive amounts of Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices are approaching to change our lives, security in these devices is crucial. The security threats from traditional Internet...
- Is Future of Safety in Autonomous Vehicles Blockchain or IOTA?Connected vehicles are set to define the future of transportation, however, this upcoming technology continues to be plagued with serious security risks. If these risks are not addressed in...
- Strategies for Making Cyber-Physical Systems SecureCyber Physical Systems (CPS) consist of sensing and cyber components controlled by digital and analog signals. Such systems are engineered for human interaction through tightly...
Shishir Kumar Shandilya – Bhopal, India
Nature-inspired Cyber Defense: Resilience & Immunity
Organizations are witnessing a constant barrage of cyber-attacks in the form of ransom ware, phishing, malware, botnets, insider threats, and many others. The situation is untenable and getting...
Biplab Sikdar – Singapore, Singapore
Cyber Security Challenges and Solutions for the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) represents a great opportunity to connect people, information, and things, which will in turn cause a paradigm shift in the way we work, interact, and think. The IoT...
Cyber Security and Privacy for Smart Cities
As cities strive to maintain their economic growth and provide the civic infrastructure to its residents and businesses, they are increasingly turning to “smart solutions”. The...
Madhusudan Singh – Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Decentralized Trusted Platform for Requirement Engineering
In the Requirements elicitation phase of requirements gathering, a lot of information is collected and documented from the stakeholders and customers. Every new discussion with customers...
Yan Solihin – Orlando, FL, United States
Secure Execution Environment: Design Principles and Common Pitfalls
There is an increasing demand for the processor architecture to provide secure execution environment in various compute platforms including the cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Current...
Security Implications of Persistent Memory
Persistent memory allows a new abstraction for persistent data by wrapping data structures into Persistent Memory Objects (PMOs). PMOs offer conveniences but introduces new security...
Houbing Song – Daytona Beach, FL, United States
Counter-Unmanned Aircraft System(s) (C-UAS): State of the Art, Challenges and Future Trends
There is an increasing need to fly Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS, commonly known as drones) in the airspace to perform missions of vital importance to national security and defense, emergency...
Shan Suthaharan – Greensboro, NC, United States
Differentially Private Logistic Regression and its characterization for big data privacy
This talk will present the topics that enlighten data owners on the selection processes of privacy parameters for differentially private logistic regression (DPLR) techniques. This knowledge will...
Daniel Takabi – ATLANTA, GA, United States
Secure Privacy preserving Machine Learning
Deep learning with neural networks has become a highly popular machine learning method due to recent breakthroughs in computer vision, speech recognition, and other areas. However, the deep...
Wan Abdul Rahim Bin Wan Mohd Isa – Shah Alam, Malaysia
Culture Influences to Information Privacy
There is strong inclination on the importance of knowledge management (KM) concept and role towards ensuring components such as ethics and culture are relevant to the applications development,...
Edgar Weippl – Vienna, Austria
Blockchains & Distributed Ledger Technology
The rise of cryptocurrencies and distributed ledger technologies, has captured the interest from diverse communities and its potential applications are currently a hotly debated and...
- Research Methods & Current Research in Information SecurityOver the past few years an increasing number of descriptive works have helped explain complex phenomena in the area of distributed systems security. These include the efficiency of spam...
- Secure Development Lifecycle of Production EnvironmentsImprovement of Security of Information Processing in the Industrial Production System Lifecycle addresses application-oriented basic research issues in the areas of Systems Security and...
Stefano Zanero – Milano, Italy
Breaking the Laws of Robotics: Attacking Industrial Robots
Industrial robots are complex cyber-physical systems used for manufacturing, and a critical component of any modern factory. These robots aren't just electromechanical devices but include...
Crouching hacker, killer robot? Removing FUD from cyber-physical security
Cyber-physical systems are attracting a lot of attention: attacks on connected cars received a lot of media exposure, as did attacks on industrial control systems, airplanes or medical devices. A...
MAKING SENSE OF A MILLION SAMPLES PER DAY: BEHAVIOR-BASED METHODS FOR AUTOMATED, SCALABLE MALWARE ANALYSIS
With the astonishing rate of new and modified malware samples being released daily, automation of analysis is needed to classify and cluster together similar samples, exclude basic and...
- Research Methods & Current Research in Information Security
- Counter-Unmanned Aircraft System(s) (C-UAS): State of the Art, Challenges and Future Trends
- Secure Execution Environment: Design Principles and Common Pitfalls
- Improving Security in the Internet of Things(IoT) through Bio-Inspired Approaches
- Blockchain: paving the way for open and transparent governance in smart cities
- Attacking Techniques and Intrusion Detection: Getting insights of Signature vs Anomaly models
- A New Distributed Architecture for Evaluating AI-based Security Systems at the Edge: Network TON\_IoT Datasets
- Security and Privacy in Internet of Medical Things
- Empowering behaviometrics for authentication
- Modified AES Algorithm for Strong Encryption & Enhanced Security
- Securing the Internet of Intelligent of Things (INTRUXIT)
- Distributed Ledger Technology for Charging on the move
- Exploiting Emerging Memory Technologies for Hardware Security
- Risk Modeling and Evaluation for Resilient Cyber-Physical Systems: From Design-Time to Run-Time
- Introduction to Industrial Cybersecurity
- Security in 5G Networks - Challenges and Opportunities
- Exploring Blockchain Technology
- Container Security
- Introduction Technologies in Cryptography and Network Security