Security and Privacy
Available Speakers on this Topic
Rizwan Ahmed – Nagpur, India
Mobile Forensics and Cyber Crime Investigations
This talk will cover various technical aspects related to Mobile Forensics. This talk will cover following specific topics:•
Salman A Baset – New York, NY, United States
Blockchain and GDPR
The European Union’s ("EU") General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), which went into effect on 25 May 2018, is the most significant overhaul of EU data...
- Container SecurityWhether you are an operator looking to provide a container platform for your customers or whether you are building applications using containers, the question of container security must be on your...
- Hyperledger FabricHyperledger Fabric is an open source project under Linux Foundation, which can be used to build a permissioned blockchain. This talk will give an overview of Hyperledger Fabric and its various...
Dipankar Dasgupta – Memphis, TN, United States
Puzzle-based learning in Cyber Security Education
Different forms of puzzles are in existence for people to think, expand knowledge and stimulate their cognitive ability. Puzzle-based learning has proven to result in a better STEM learning...
Josiah Dykstra – Severn, MD, United States
American Self-Defense in Cyberspace
The United States is a major consumer, contributor, and target in cyberspace. This talk will describe cyber threats, roles and responsibilities, technology, and policy considerations for achieving...
Getting Started with Cybersecurity Science
This talk offers an introduction for students and practitioners to the application of the scientific method to cybersecurity tools and systems. Creating, using, and evaluating cybersecurity tools...
Chuck Easttom – Plano, TX, United States
Quantum Computing and Lattice Based Cryptography
This lecture provides an overview of the current state of quantum computing and what impact that will have on cryptography. Then cryptogrphic algorithms that are believed to be resistent to...
Mohamed Elhoseny – Mansoura, Egypt
Secure Data Aggregation in Smart Sensor Applications
Despite the great efforts to secure data aggregation in smart sensors applications, the dynamic nature and the limited resources of sensor nodes make searching for a secure and optimal network...
Robert James Fine – Washington, DC, United States
The Next Cyber Warfare Wave: AR and VR Worlds
In this lecture, Robert shares the current vulnerabilities that hackers and bad actors can exploit within the current AR/VR hardware and software platforms, as well as providing current and future...
Sebastian Fischmeister – Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Safety and Security for Future Embedded Systems
For decades, safety was the dominating topic for cyberphysical systems. Safety of a system ensures that in the case of faults, the system is still highly unlikely to cause harm to users,...
Swaroop Ghosh – State College, PA, United States
Comprehensive treatment of security of persistent memories
Conventional volatile memories e.g., Static RAM (SRAM) suffer from significant leakage power whereas conventional storage class Non-Volatile Memories (NVMs) e.g., Flash suffer from higher...
- Exploiting Emerging Memory Technologies for Hardware SecurityCMOS switches, although universal, fail to meet energy-efficiency, scalability and emerging constraints such as, security. Recent experimental studies have revealed that emerging...
- Obfuscation of analog IPsAnalog Integrated Circuits (ICs) are one of the top targets for counterfeiting. However, the security of analog Intellectual Property (IP) is not well investigated as its digital counterpart....
Silvia Giordano – MANNO ,TI, Switzerland
User-centric Privacy & Security in the Ubiquitous World
Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing is creating a new service-rich world. However, it is also opening new paths for data leakage, data breach, and data phishing. We need to take a...
Gururaj H L – Mysuru, India
WLAN security and Cyber Security
Wireless LANs have gone through rapid changes with respect to their security architecture in recent years. One view has been to incorporate WLANs under already existing VPN umbrellas and to...
Rasheed Hussain – Innopolis, Russian Federation
Distributed Ledger Technology for Charging on the move
In this talk, I will present the blockchain technology for constrained environments. As application use-case, we consider the autonomous cars and charging. For the efficient charging, we use IOTA...
Future of the Cybersecurity: AI/ML
In this talk, we will cover the current state of the cybersecurity, the attacker mindset, security doctrine, and the futureof cybersecurity.We...
Dharm Singh Jat – Windhoek, AR, Namibia
Modified AES Algorithm for Strong Encryption & Enhanced Security
Networks today an inherent part of all defence or military organisations. Any loss of data from defence networks directly impacts the national security. Hence, this data has to be protected using...
Alireza Jolfaei – Sydney, NSW, Australia
Cyber Security with Application to Energy Systems
The efficient use and management of energy resources play an important role in attaining sustainable development. Today, many nations are undertaking power grid modernization initiatives, namely,...
Cyber Security with Application to Intelligent Transportation Systems
Autonomous vehicular technology is approaching a level of maturity that gives confidence to the end-users in many cities around the world for their usage so as to share the roads with manual...
Burak Kantarci – Ottawa, ON, Canada
Empowering behaviometrics for authentication
Learning unique behavioral patterns of an individual can improve detection of identity spoofing while addressing user comfort issues in user authentication processes. To this end, social and...
Ashish Kundu – San Jose, CA, United States
A Trusted Healthcare Data Analytics Cloud Platform
This talk presents a vision about cloud-based system for health care applications. Our system has advanced features for preserving privacy which are essential for health care applications...
- Compliance-Aware Provisioning of Containers on CloudDeploying applications in containers have several advantages, such as rapid development, portability across different machines, and simplified maintenance. In a cloud computing environment,...
- Exploiting Placement New of C++In this talk, we would explore how to exploit the "placement new" expression in C++. "Placement new" facilitates placement of an object/array at a specific memory location....
- GDPR: Challenges and IssuesGDPR went into effect May 2018. As a regulatory compliance policy for member countries and citizens, it has significant implications on how computing is carried out today. In this talk, we shall...
- Research Directions in Blockchain Data Management and AnalyticsBlockchain technology has emerged as a primary enabler for verification-driven transactions between parties that do not have complete trust among themselves. Bitcoin uses this...
- Risk-Based Packet Routing for Privacy and Compliance-Preserving SDNSoftware defined networking (SDN) is increasingly being used in data centers as well as enterprise networks. With the quality of service requirements, security and privacy requirements are...
Sanjay Kumar Madria – Rolla, MO, United States
Reputation and Credit based Incentive Mechanism For Data-centric Message Delivery in Delay-tolerant Networks
In Delay Tolerant Networks (DTNs), to ensure successful message delivery, contribution of mobile nodes in relaying in an opportunistic fashion is essential. In our proposed data-centric...
Varun G Menon – Kochi, Kerala, India
Security and Privacy in Internet of Medical Things
The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is an ecosystem of connected sensors, wearable medical devices and clinical systems. Application of IoMT has helped in improving the quality of medical...
James F. O'Brien – Berkeley, CA, United States
Image and Video Forensics through Content Analysis
Advances in computational photography, computer vision, and computer graphics allow for the creation of visually compelling photographic forgeries. Forged images have appeared in tabloid...
Heena Rathore – Austin, TX, United States
Deep Learning Based Security Solutions for the Internet of Medical Things
Intelligent healthcare has gained importance in the recent past since it allows continuous, remote monitoring of patients away from hospitals and doctors. With advances in technology,...
- Improving Security in the Internet of Things(IoT) through Bio-Inspired ApproachesAs massive amounts of Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices are approaching to change our lives, security in these devices is crucial. The security threats from traditional Internet...
- Is Future of Safety in Autonomous Vehicles Blockchain or IOTA?Connected vehicles are set to define the future of transportation, however, this upcoming technology continues to be plagued with serious security risks. If these risks are not addressed in...
- Strategies for Making Cyber-Physical Systems SecureCyber Physical Systems (CPS) consist of sensing and cyber components controlled by digital and analog signals. Such systems are engineered for human interaction through tightly...
Biplab Sikdar – Singapore, Singapore
Cyber Security Challenges and Solutions for the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) represents a great opportunity to connect people, information, and things, which will in turn cause a paradigm shift in the way we work, interact, and think. The IoT...
Cyber Security and Privacy for Smart Cities
As cities strive to maintain their economic growth and provide the civic infrastructure to its residents and businesses, they are increasingly turning to “smart solutions”. The...
Yan Solihin – Orlando, FL, United States
Secure Execution Environment: Design Principles and Common Pitfalls
There is an increasing demand for the processor architecture to provide secure execution environment in various compute platforms including the cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Current...
Security Implications of Persistent Memory
Persistent memory allows a new abstraction for persistent data by wrapping data structures into Persistent Memory Objects (PMOs). PMOs offer conveniences but introduces new security...
Shan Suthaharan – Greensboro, NC, United States
Differentially Private Logistic Regression and its characterization for big data privacy
This talk will present the topics that enlighten data owners on the selection processes of privacy parameters for differentially private logistic regression (DPLR) techniques. This knowledge will...
Wan Abdul Rahim Bin Wan Mohd Isa – Shah Alam, Malaysia
Culture Influences to Information Privacy
There is strong inclination on the importance of knowledge management (KM) concept and role towards ensuring components such as ethics and culture are relevant to the applications development,...
Edgar Weippl – Vienna, Austria
Blockchains & Distributed Ledger Technology
The rise of cryptocurrencies and distributed ledger technologies, has captured the interest from diverse communities and its potential applications are currently a hotly debated and...
- Research Methods & Current Research in Information SecurityOver the past few years an increasing number of descriptive works have helped explain complex phenomena in the area of distributed systems security. These include the efficiency of spam...
- Secure Development Lifecycle of Production EnvironmentsImprovement of Security of Information Processing in the Industrial Production System Lifecycle addresses application-oriented basic research issues in the areas of Systems Security and...
- Research Methods & Current Research in Information Security
- Differentially Private Logistic Regression and its characterization for big data privacy
- Improving Security in the Internet of Things(IoT) through Bio-Inspired Approaches
- Deep Learning Based Security Solutions for the Internet of Medical Things
- Image and Video Forensics through Content Analysis
- Compliance-Aware Provisioning of Containers on Cloud
- Modified AES Algorithm for Strong Encryption & Enhanced Security
- Distributed Ledger Technology for Charging on the move
- WLAN security and Cyber Security
- Exploiting Emerging Memory Technologies for Hardware Security
- Comprehensive treatment of security of persistent memories
- Container Security
- Blockchain and GDPR